HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) may be of the most impactful set of regulations to take place in the pharmacy industry. Now, with the publication of the “FINAL” HIPAA Rules in January 2013, the changes once again profoundly affect pharmacies and other health care facilities.
- All pharmacies need to take action to replace their or revise their existing HIPAA Compliance Program by September 23, 2013 to avoid repercussions of non-compliance.
- Enforcement of compliance was funded in the Affordable Care Act and will be handled by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- The big difference is that enforcement will be proactive and no longer just in response to complaints.
- OCR is hiring enforcement officers to visit facilities and conduct active compliance audits.
- Facilities that are audited and found non-compliant will then be penalized and/or excluded from programs payable, directly or indirectly, by a Federal health care dollars.
HIPAATrack provides the simplest, most cost effective, total solution to comply with these changes.
, CEO. – Federation of Pharmacy Networks
HIPAATrack is so innovative that it will change the way pharmacies handle HIPAA compliance. We liked it so much that we made it the exclusive program presented to NCPA members.
HIPAATrack provides the simplest, most cost effective solution to comply with these changes. More owners trust PRS for HIPAA compliance than all of our competitors combined; over 6000 independents and small chains.
HIPAATrack is presented by NCPA and endorsed by the Federation of Pharmacy Networks as their exclusive HIPAA Compliance Program.
HIPAATrack not only assists you in complying with all of the changes put in place by the “FINAL” HIPAA Rules, but now PRS has streamlined it to be more feature rich and easier to use.
- The On-line HIPAA Compliance Program
- Up-To-Date Risk Analysis and Management Plan
- Up-To-Date Disaster Recovery Program
- Enhanced Employee Training PLUS Tracking
- Current Policies and Procedures to Meet the “FINAL” HIPAA Rules
- Task Notification System via Email When:
- New Tasks Need to Be Completed
- There Have Been Updates to Policies and Forms
- Employee Re-Training is Due
- Monitoring of Important Tasks That Must Initially Be Completed
- Industry Leading Customer Service When Issues Arise
BONUS – Receive these two NEW Programs when you purchase HIPAATrack
- ExclusionTrack (for the initial term which you purchase HIPAATrack)
- The government provides a list of persons excluded from federally funded programs. You are required under revised Fraud, Waste, and Abuse rules to check all employees against these lists monthly. This program automates these monthly checks of the GSA/OIG exclusion lists saving you time and money.
- LicenseTrack (for one year)
- This customizable program allows you to track expiration and renewal dates in one location and will notify you of when facility or employee licenses and certifications are expiring ensuring plenty of warning.
Two Purchase Options: